June 25, 2018 – RM of Buckland, Saskatchewan News release – At approximately 2 a.m. on June 23, 2018, Prince Albert RCMP responded to a residence on Whitfield Road in the RM of Buckland following a report of an attempted break and enter.
A suspicious vehicle had entered a property and an individual attempted to gain entry to the outbuildings in the yard. One building was accessed but nothing of significance was stolen as he was interrupted when another vehicle, that of the homeowner’s relative, entered the property.
The individual then got back into his vehicle, and while attempting to leave the property, collided with the relative’s vehicle. He was able to continue and traveled a short distance north before the vehicle he was driving became inoperable from the damage sustained in the collision. He exited the vehicle and ran into a nearby bush line.
RCMP attended the area, and with the assistance of RCMP Police Dog Services, located a 15 year-old male and took him into custody without incident.
As a result, the 15 year-old male has been charged with the following:
- Break and Enter with Intent – Sec.348 Criminal Code
- Possess Break in Instruments – Sec.351 Criminal Code
- Possession of Property obtained by Crime – Sec.354 Criminal Code
- Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle – Sec.249 Criminal Code
- Trespass at Night – Sec.177 Criminal Code
- Mischief under $5000 – Sec.430 Criminal Code
- Fail to Comply with Probation order – Sec.733.1 Criminal Code
He will appear in Prince Albert Provincial Court on Monday, June 25, 2018.